SNGF ~ Great Grandparents

I’m joining in Saturday Night Genealogy Fun from Randy Seaver’s blog Genea-Musings.

Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music):

1)  Dana Leeds on the Enthusiastic Genealogist blog asks "Did/Do Your Children Know Any of Their Great-Grandparents?"

2)  I thought that would be a great Saturday Night Genealogy Fun question - so please share your response with us in a blog post of your own, in a comment on this blog post, or in a Facebook or Google+ post.

3)  For extra credit, or in case the answer is "No," then please answer the question for yourself, or your parents.

1.  Only our 2 oldest children knew one of their Great Grandmothers.  Mary Hilda Laws (nee Anderson) 1915-2006.  Our oldest would have been 3 when her Gr. Grandma passed, but she can still remember her a little.  Our second oldest was about a year.  They both loved going to visit "Nana” when we were able to.

3.  I didn’t grow up knowing in person any of my Great Grandparents.  On my fathers side both my Great Grandparents and Grandparents had died before I was born.  On my maternal side, my Great Grandmother Alma “Emma” Robinson (Anderson nee Robichaud) lived across the country in New Brunswick so I didn’t get to know her very well.  I do remember talking on the phone with her when I was very young and later writing to her some times.  I still have a letter she sent me when I was about 10 years old!   I really do wish that we lived closer so I could have gotten to know her better.

Labels: